With temperatures heating up, academic graduations and wedding season upon us, all signs point to spring transitioning to summer, Elle, InStyle, Vogue, Net-a-Porter and Keaton Row highlight spring/summer 2014 hottest trends to keep style mavens in the know:
More PhotosView all 10 photos Fringe detailing gives spring separates a cozy feel. Prada, Louis Vuitton and Rodarte conceal and reveal over camisoles and lingerie for modern sensuality. Marc Jacobs shows jeweled fishnet bodystockings while Chanel, DVF and Chloe decree a single shoulder as this season’s erogenous zone.
2. Pastels. Black and White, BightsSpeak to your sweet side with pretty pastels in mint green, lavender and blush pink. Look crisp and cool in timeless contrasting black and white or take inspiration from designers DKNY, Prabal Gurung and rag & bone, who sent models down the runway in bright tints including orange, pink and lilac.
3. Prints, Graphics and StripesCarolina Herrera, Fendi and Alexander McQueen show geometric prints cheap michael kors handbags while Dior, Versace and Pucci accent typography and logos. Stripes are consistently fresh for spring/summer with ASOS highlighting a structured striped shift dress designed to flatter many ages and body types. It’s great for work with flats or a lower heel, and can be dressed up with a higher heel or bootie for night.
4. Modern Lady, Florals and RetroFull skirts and voluminous ladylike silhouettes are a warm season staple in lighter fabrics, Rachel Zoe and Viktor & Rolf reinterpret the classic white button-down with necktie detailing, embellishments and asymmetric cuts for a new spin, while preppy floral minidresses offer easy dressing and accessorizing in bright fun patterns. Finally, if ever there was an excuse not to throw anything away; a resurgence of ‘80s and '90s inspired fashions dominate sidewalk and street style this summer.
Every woman looks good in a blazer and the beauty is in its versatility from business formal to casual-chic Look like a boss in a power suit with coordinated separates, brave a bold pattern or print or tread waters with a lighter shade. Keep in mind when looking for the perfect blazer fit and fabric consideration is a must. Echoing layers spring collections include several outerwear cheap michael kors bags pieces, including the classic Burberry trench, Preen’s high-fashion anoraks for thunderstorms and Jonathan Saunders zip front bomber jackets.
6. Haute Sport and Athletic AppealAn athletic aesthetic took over the runways, most notably, baseball caps, tennis-inspired dresses and varsity jackets. Sweatshirts are no longer relegated to the gym as the slouchy silhouette gets a makeover for spring, with brighter hues and splashier patterns, while minimal, easy yet edgy and unusually comfortable fabrics consist of leather, cotton, mesh and luxe silk blends.
7. Embellishments, Tortoiseshell, Cut Out Sandals and LeatherAccessory trends favor embellished details including beading, iridescence and bedazzled jewels at the neck, wrist and handbag; while earthy tortoiseshell pieces add a luxurious touch. Tribune.com and Huffington Post note backless shoes are a trend everyone can rock in a variety of styles from chunky block heeled flats to elegant strappy sandals and mid-height heels. Hardware and chic leather are strong features in all collections for spring/summer 2014; finishes include embossed, two-tone woven leathers, reptile skin looks, matte and metallic tones.
8. Ethereal Glow, Chignons and PonytailsAccording to Harpers Bazaar, designers show blue in every imaginable shade, lining the eyes of Marc Jacobs in an electric hue and gently sweeping across the upper lids in pale aqua at Badgley Mischka. Marchesa sends models down the runway with a burgundy-tinted lip, while MAC, gives models one of three candy colored lip shades: discount michael kors bags bubblegum pink, cherry red, and tangerine orange. Calvin Klein models’ lids are dusted with a sheer swipe of bronze shadow, giving their faces a sculptural, ethereal glow while Lancôme, models show blinged-out eyes, dusted with bronze shadow across the lids, topped with a generous sprinkle of rose-gold glitter in the center. Ruffians, creamy nude nails are edged with bright shades of metallic violet, poppy red, and army green while at another end, models are given long pointed white nails finished with a reflective silver racing stripe placed horizontally down the center. Hair is rolled into softly rumpled updos to create a weightless effect, gathered and thoroughly teased into rough side ponies, as well as shown in structured, sculptural creations.
9. MenswearAccording to GQ, Luxpresso and emerging trend reports, spring/summer 2014 menswear finds sharp tailoring from Valentino reminding us why we like lapel jackets, as Armani and Dolce & Gabbana play it cool with waist coats, pocket squares and bold pinstripes. Hermes goes bohemian with linen smock michael kors outlet online shirts, relaxed jackets and tapered pants while contemporary Paris collections showcase refined, technical and sporty looks with pattern clashing trends and the pullover trench. The blazer-jacket from Neil Barrett and tailored shirt-jacket from Jil Sander are key showings on Milan runways.
10. Technology and StyleAccording to the New York Times and News.com technology is now completely ingrained in our relationship with fashion and retail. Wearable tech is any piece of technology that can be worn on the body: think smart glasses, smart watches, bracelets, brooches, visors, necklaces and bras that can tell you something about yourself.; CuffLink, is making a two-way communication device to alert loved ones if someone feels they’re in danger. Model Dita Von Teese wears the first fully articulated 3D printed gown and 3D printed nail art is also proving popular, with nails made of everything from Lego to crystals. Virtual fitting rooms featuring shape shifting robotic mannequins bearing measurements help consumers take the plunge into online shopping and some brands like TopShop already offer the service in store. Enjoy this article? Share comments below, follow me on twitter@ Jennifer McLeod, or receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available by clicking the subscribe button above!
cheap michael kors purses
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors factory outlet
michael kors purses
michael kors wallet